Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

#3 vimal

vimal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

its a crying shame... and it's getting worse to see any other news, too...

time to say goodbye to this madness...   :angry:   :wacko:   :ph34r:

#4 Federica

Federica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

my god :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

#5 swamiji

swamiji

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Is the Dalai Lama lying?

• pratibha and matteo like this

#6 madhu

madhu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

This is interestng .I did not knew this.. :o

#7 Federica

Federica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

http://edition.cnn.c...cope/index.html

#8 pratibha

pratibha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

http://edition.cnn.c...cnn-disqus-area

How a 3-D printed arm gave hope to boy maimed in bomb blast

I knew then, that I had stumbled upon something way bigger than myself, bigger than Daniel, and bigger than that one meal. It was the idea that by helping one, you have the potential to help many -- and that might just be the secret to it all.

The reality, I believe, is that all change starts small. The big picture is just too unwieldy, too incomprehensible and seemingly immovable. But give us something individual, quantifiable and personalize-able and, suddenly, our perspective shifts to the one.

Just one step. Just one mile. Just one dollar. Just one kiss. Just one person. When we look at life through the lens of "one," everything becomes that much more attainable.

#9 Claudia

Claudia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

pratibha, iwas very into it when reading the whole story. for me such an act cures the harm egoism creates.

#10 pratibha

pratibha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

The Korean grandmothers who sell sex

By Lucy Williamson BBC News, Seoul

_74495051_snowy_women624ap.jpg

The Korean grandmothers who sell sex Koreans could once be sure that their children would look after them in their old age, but no longer - many of those who worked hard to transform the country's economy find the next generation has other spending priorities. As a result, some elderly women are turning to prostitution.

Kim Eun-ja sits on the steps at Seoul's Jongno-3 subway station, scanning the scene in front of her. The 71-year-old's bright lipstick and shiny red coat stand out against her papery skin.

Beside her is a large bag, from which comes the clink of glass bottles as she shifts on the cold concrete.

Mrs Kim is one of South Korea's "Bacchus Ladies" - older women who make a living by selling tiny bottles of the popular Bacchus energy drink to male customers.

But often that's not all they're selling. At an age when Korean grandmothers are supposed to be venerated as matriarchs, some are selling sex.

I can't trust my children to help - they're in deep trouble because they have to start preparing for their old age”

Mr Kim.

"You see those Bacchus Ladies standing over there?" she asks me. "Those ladies sell more than Bacchus. They sometimes go out with the grandpas and earn money from them. But I don't make a living like that.

"Men do proposition me when I'm standing in the alleyway," she adds. "But I always say, 'No.'"

Mrs Kim says she makes about 5,000 Won ($5, or £3) a day selling the drinks. "Drink up fast," she says. "The police are always watching me. They don't differentiate."

The centre of this underground sex trade is a nearby park in the heart of Seoul. Jongmyo Park is a place where elderly men come to while away their sunset years with a little chess and some local gossip.

_74495048_board_corbis624.jpg

It's built around a temple to Confucius, whose ideas on venerating elders have shaped Korean culture for centuries. But under the budding trees outside, the fumbling transactions of its elderly men and women tell the real story of Korean society in the 21st Century.

Women in their 50s, 60, even their 70s, stand around the edges of the park, offering drinks to the men. Buy one, and it's the first step in a lonely journey that ends in a cheap motel nearby.

The men in the park are more willing to talk to me than the women.

Standing around a game of Korean chess, a group of grandfathers watch the match intently. About half the men here use the Bacchus Ladies, they say.

"We're men, so we're curious about women," says 60-year-old Mr Kim.

"We have a drink, and slip a bit of money into their hands, and things happen!" he cackles. "Men like to have women around - whether they're old or not, sexually active or not. That's just male psychology."

Another man, 81 years old, excitedly showed me his spending money for the day. "It's for drinking with my friends," he said. "We can find girlfriends here, too - from those women standing over there. They'll ask us to play with them. They say, 'Oh, I don't have any money,' and then they glue on to us. Sex with them costs 20,000 to 30,000 Won (£11-17), but sometimes they'll give you a discount if they know you."

South Korea's grandparents are victims of their country's economic success.

Continue reading the main story

#11 swamiji

swamiji

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

• Federica, pratibha and Leelo like this

#12 pratibha

pratibha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

Project Adam

Live demo

#13 pratibha

pratibha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Philippines braces for Typhoon Rammasun

Thousands of people living in coastal areas of the Philippines are evacuating as the first major storm of the rainy season barrels towards the archipelago.

Typhoon Rammasun is expected to make landfall tonight in the eastern Philippines, and pass over the capital Manila of more than 12 million people.

The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration says Rammasun has intensified into a Typhoon, and is moving slowly west toward the Bicol region.

At 4am local time, it was around 270 kilometres east of Legazpi City, Albay, and packing peak winds of up to 120 kilometres an hour and gusts of up to 150 km/h.
  • pratibha likes this

#14 vimal

vimal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

hope you'll not be swept away by the typhoon.... :blink: :ph34r:

#15 pratibha

pratibha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

#16 swamiji

swamiji

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

• pratibha, matteo and Leelo like this

#17 pratibha

pratibha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

70 yrs old???!!! woooow...

#18 Leelo

Leelo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Started with green smoothies a while back. Very easy to loose weight + not hungry + more energy. Addictive :)

Let's see how I will look with 70 :)

• pratibha likes this

#19 Federica

Federica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

My god!!!

#20 swamiji

swamiji